In the Zombie Apocalypse knowing how to do things like Break Down A Door will come in quite handy.
- Check to see which way the door opens by checking the hinges. If the door opens towards you, kicking it down is going to be next to impossible. Kicking a door down is best employed on a door that swings away from you.
- Kick to the side of where the lock is mounted (near the keyhole). This is typically the weakest part of the door.
- Using a front kick, drive the heel of your foot into the door. Give the kick forward momentum and keep your balance by driving the heel of your standing foot into the ground. Don’t kick the lock itself; this could break your foot.
- The wood should begin to splinter. Today most doors are made of soft wood and are hollow. They should give way fairly easily, especially since the lock’s deadlock bolt extends only an inch or less into the door frame. Older, completely solid doors will prove more resistant. Just keep on kicking until the door gives way and you can save the day.
- Avoid jump kicks. While you may be tempted to employ this manly move, jumping diminishes your stability which causes you to lose power.